403 South Main Street
|Weekly Budget 2018||$15,480|
|Year‐to‐Date Budget 2018||$618,200|
|Year‐to‐Date Offering 2018||$555,113|
ONLINE GIVING NOW AVAILABLE
Online giving, using a credit or debit card, is now available through the church website. Visit www.fumcd.com and click on the “Give Money” button.
In Memory of Doug Harkins from Carl & Barbara McGee
In memory of Jim Rollins from Roger & Kim Sanford
Altar flowers may be purchased in honor or memory of a loved one by calling the church office at 972.298.6121.
Loving Hands Card Ministry
We are taking pre-orders now for Christmas cards, Fall or Christmas wreaths, table arrangements, and decorative items. Call or text: Edna Alegria @ 409.651.6198
Visit Our Library
Open on Sunday mornings beginning at 8 a.m.
Let Us Pray For
And many others in our prayer list.
Oh Lord, hear our prayers…
Advent Book Group
Several of you asked in the last two weeks if we the seasonal book group is getting together again for Advent. We have reserved the Conference Room for Monday nights from 6-7p.m. beginning November 26. Please contact Bridget@fumcd.com if you would like to join the group for the first time or be involved again.
Saturday, October 20
HUGE Garage Sale in the Gym 7 am
(You may start bringing your items to donate to the gym on Monday, October 15. If you need large items picked up, contact Sue Clark at 214-232-1701)
Methodist Market Place in Aldersgate 8:00 am-2:00
Hand made items, jams and jellies, woodwork, jewelry, Sweet shop, regifting booth, coffee shop, plant shop, photo ops, and more.
Food Court outside in Commons Area 10:00 am
Hamburgers, hot dogs, cold drinks
Health Fair in Cup & Saucer Classroom 10:00 am
“Ask the Doctor,” blood pressure check, hands only CPR instruction, flu shots
Children’s Activities beginning at 10:00 am
BBQ and Live Auction in Aldersgate on
Sunday, October 21 following worship.
ITEMS AND POSTERS WILL BE ON DISPLAY IN THE NARTHEX FOR YOU TO SEE AND DECIDE WHAT YOU WANT TO BID ON.
Many exciting auction items are on tap and just waiting to be purchased. Below is a list of the items up to this point.
- Beautiful outdoor swing crafted byCubba Inmon and Doug Rorie
- “Love Box” from our own artist Jerry Bair
- July 4 catamaran ride on Lake Ray Hubbard for 4 and a gift card for dinner
- Overnight Fishing Trip to private lake in East Texas for 2 men and guides Cubba Inmon and Doug Rorie.
- Two-night stay at the Lavender Mermaid B & B in Pittsburg, Texas and $100 gift card for dinner from Homebuilders Class
- Irish Stew Dinner for 8 at the home of Betty Michaelski followed by a play at Duncanville Community Theatre.
- Paint With a Twist for 30 donated by the Seekers SS Class
- Christmas Gift Wrapping (up to 25) by Genesis
- Dessert of the Month from Jeri Rorie
- Dick’s Uptown Café one meal a week for a year
- Valentine Dinner for 10 at the home of Roger Whitehead and Keith Shankle plus a movie of your choice in their home from Faith and Film SS Class
- ”Jazz Under the Stars” meal for 20 prepared and served by the United Methodist Men at 414.
- Tickets for 2 to see Carol Burnett at the Winspear with valet parking and a gift card for dinner from Allen and Elaine Schneider.
- CASA quilt from fabric purchased in Australia by Don and Carole Deffebach. 43 1/2” X 68”.
- Electric scooter perfect for your college kid donated by the Cup and Saucer SS Class and an extra bonus “escape room” fun in Denton and donated by Amanda Sonnier.
LOOK OVER LIVE AUCTION ITEMS, AND GET A GROUP TOGETHER TO BID ON DINNERS, CATAMARAN, AND PAINT WITH A TWIST.
Fall PIP Days
2018 Fall PIP DAYS “wrapped up” in a resounding way this past week end. Eighty plus volunteers from FUMCD, First Christian Church, Trinity Methodist Church, Knight’s Hands of Holy Spirit Catholic Church, and members of Phoenix Lodge #648 worked at four Duncanville properties from 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. for three days giving the homeowners new hope, pride in there property, and the knowledge that we cared about them.
Thank you First United Methodist Church for your support of Property Improvement Program of Duncanville!
“The King will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did it for me.” Matthew 25:40
Children in Action (CIA)
Our October CIA will be Friday, October 12 from 6 – 10p.m. for children in kindergarten – 6th grade. There will be pizza, games, crafts, a service project and more. The cost is $10 per person with a maximum of $25 per family. Please RSVP to Bridget@fumcd.com by Wednesday, October 10 to be sure that we have plenty of supplies. Friends are welcome!
Trunk or Treat
Saturday October 27
4:00 PM—5:30 PM
CANDY AND CARS NEEDED
Please bring your donations of individually wrapped candy to church THIS Sunday-Sunday, October 21 for our annual Trunk or Treat. You may also sign up to bring your car and pass out candy to children who come from 4:00-5:30 on Saturday, October 27 during our annual event. Cars should be parked NO LATER than 3:30 (for safety reasons) and ready to great guests by 3:55. Sign up in the lobby or contact Bridget@fumcd.com.
Charge Conference – Membership List Readings
Please check over the membership lists for Charge Conference.
These members have not been in attendance for a few years and are being considered by removal by Charge Conference. They can certainly be reinstated at anytime in the future.
The second reading was presented last year and action will be taken on that list this year. The first reading will once again be repeated again next year before action is taken.
If you know any of these people and they have expressed to you that they do not wish to be removed, please call Pat Daniel at the church office at 972.298.6121 or email email@example.com.