If you are interested in becoming a member of our church family here at FUMCD, there are several ways to do so. The way to begin this process is to email Pastor Frank Alegria (email@example.com) or Pastor Alex Williams (firstname.lastname@example.org) and let them know of your interest, and they will take if from there! Below are some frequently asked questions, which will give you more information about membership here at FUMCD.
What are the expectations of members?
When a person joins our church family, they are asked to support the ministry of Jesus Christ in the following five ways:
- Prayers: All of our members make a commitment to pray for the world, The United Methodist Church and our congregation of FUMC Duncanville.
- Presence: All of our members make a commitment to be present in worship and any other ministries where they can grow their faith, foster relations with our community and serve the mission and ministry of Jesus Christ.
- Gifts: All of our members make a commitment to support the ministry of Jesus Christ in and through our church with their financial gifts. This includes filling out a pledge card. We give out of joy, generosity and a determination to see God’s will enacted in our community and in our world.
- Service: All of our members make a commitment to follow in the example of Christ, who, though he was God, came in the form of a servant. Service and missions are foundational to our church’s identity.
- Witness: All of our members make a commitment to respond to the commission that Christ gave to all of us, to make disciples of all nations. The primary way in which we do this is to share the good news, the Gospel of Jesus Christ in all that we do and say.
Do I need to be baptized?
Every member of a United Methodist Church is a baptized Christian. This means that all baptized people, adults and children, may join the church at any time. If you have never been baptized, that’s no problem! We will be more than happy to baptize you before you become a member.