Good Folks, it is Friday, November 24, 2017. On Thanksgiving Day, at our home you “walk in and wallow out” the same ones you came through. Turkey, ham and all the fixings. As long as there is cornbread stuffing with giblet gravy, the thigh section, pumpkin pie and football, I am a happy camper. Next few days, there will be lots of turkey pot pies. Edna has perfected that recipe.
Lots of activities between the readings of this blog to year’s end:
- Sunday, November 26, 2PM, Hanging of the Greens; Sanctuary
- Sunday, December 10, 3-5:30PM, Parsonage Open House; 914 Huntington Drive, D’ville
- 8AM-1PM, Carter Blood Mobile (Sign up)
- Sunday, December 17, 10:30AM, Worship Service with lots of Song
- Sunday, December 24, (Christmas Eve) 10:30AM; (Candlelight) 6, 8, & 10PM
- The church offices will be closed after Christmas. We will be available for emergencies.
I am thankful to God for all the blessings I have received. However, I am reminded that it is not in receiving but in giving where great joy awaits us. Lots of folks will be traveling this weekend. Be safe with traveling mercies.
During these days, lots of folks will be under a great deal of stress. Sadly, this time of the years brings joy and sadness to many. Give a gift of a smile to a stranger. Invite someone to a meal after church. Life sometimes brings us to be alone, but we should not feel lonely.
I thank God for the church and this great community of faith. … , Be strong and of good courage, and act. Do not be afraid or dismayed; for the LORD God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you, until all the work for the service of the house of the LORD is finished. – 1 Chronicles 28:20 (NRSV)
Blessings from Duncanville,