Good Folks, it is Friday, May 17, 2019. The Day of Pentecost falls on Sunday, June 9.
Edna and I recently returned from a “Honeymoon Trip” that was some 35 years in the making. It was a grand time to get away and relax, an electronic Sabbath, and to enjoy the sights and sounds and cuisine of new places. A short list:
- Blue water
- Filet Mignon and two eggs over easy for breakfast (not every day)
- 1,500 folks on the ship
- Comedy shows
- One show entitled: Love & Marriage
- Three couples: married 63, 15 and 3 years respectively
- The Cruise Director was the MC and did an excellent job of bringing humor to the audience
- An all-you-can-eat buffet available for all three meals
- Singing waiters
- Cruise ship staff from all over the world
- Fried lobster in Freeport, Bahamas (delicious)
- Conch Ceviche (rather tasty)
- Violent lightning storm in the middle of the gulf of Mexico
- Stars in the sky
- Casino (spent four quarters)
- Lots of body art (tattoos)
- Couples holding hands
- The list is endless…
I could not thank Edna enough for helping plan this trip. It was good for us and our relationship as husband and wife. The journey of full-time ministry is like a roller coaster ride: hold on for the twists and turns, high points and low ones. Then there are the smooth level moments; however, we are committed to our family, each other and the church we serve.
I saw a sign that read: Eat, Drink and be Thankful.
- I am reminded what the writer of Ecclesiastes shares: (3:13)
… moreover, it is God’s gift that all should eat and drink and take pleasure in all their toil.
- And the Apostle Paul’s letter to the church in Thessalonica: (1 Thessalonians 5:18)
… give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
Friends, at the end of our short lives, all we really have are memories. Make great ones.
Blessings from Duncanville,
Pastor Frank (email@example.com)