For your information only (FYI):
- Labor Day, September 3, 59 days
- All Saints Day, November 1, 118 days
- Thanksgiving Day, November 22, 139 days
- Christmas Day, December 25, 172 days
- New Year’s Day 2019, 179 days
This Sunday I will continue the sermon series for the month of July, A Faith We Profess, Part II. Last Sunday I preached on I Believe in God and Jesus Christ. This week I will tackle the Holy Spirit.
- July 15 – Catholic Church and Communion of Saints
- July 22 – Forgiveness of Sins and Resurrection of the Body
- July 29 – Life Everlasting
I challenge myself to bring timely, spiritually relevant sermons as described by one church member recently: informative, thought provoking, educational, inspirational, reverent, joyful, hopeful, demonstrated caring, uplifting, positive. So I have been thinking about a sermon series in August dealing with “Death & Dying.” When you end a series with “eternal life” does it not make you realize that we must die to be born into eternal life? And how do we approach this topic?
Healthy Church Initiative (HCI) is still a part of our present reality and future. Continue to pray that God’s wisdom will prevail and God prepares each of us for what God is ultimately doing in his kingdom. Also pray for a good cool breeze from the North Pole would be helpful as well.
I pray God’s grace upon you and yours always.
- Be strong and of good courage, and do not be afraid.
- Remain faithful. Forgive often.
Expect great things from God. Attempt great things for God. (Wm Carey)
Blessings from Duncanville,