Good Folks, it is Friday, February 23, 2018. Only 37 more days until Easter 2018. We will have a sunrise service (parking lot in front of Harmony Hall) and our regular 10:30AM service in the sanctuary.
The process of Healthy Church Initiative (HCI) was supported by a vote of 136-0. Unanimous. Now the work begins. One of the first steps is to have a special service to launch the prescriptions and begin to understand how we will live into a new reality. Together, we will be learning how all of this will happen. The great part of this is that the church, myself and the teams formed, will have a coach trained for this process to help us navigate the highways and byways of the landscape.
These next few weeks, I will be highlighting one of the five prescriptions given to us. The information will be exact from the handouts available to the church.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you want a copy of the prescriptions.
Creating a Culture of Welcome
The pastor, in consultation with the coach, will meet with existing Hospitality Teams by March 20, 2018, to begin studying the Faith Perceptions Mystery Guest Report.
To enable their work, this team should conduct a church-wide Hospitality Workshop by January 2019.
The Workshop will include such topics as:
- Creating a church-wide culture of “radical hospitality.”
- Develop a hospitality audit of the facilities to include Nursery and all Children’s areas. Work with the Trustees and the Ad Board to develop a plan to make necessary changes/improvements to facilities to make critical spaces more welcoming to guests.
- Develop a comprehensive welcoming system to engage newcomers.
- Recruit and train hospitality team members.
- Create welcome packets or other materials for first-time guests.
- Connect hospitality to the new plan to engage with members of the surrounding community.
- Develop a plan to engage new people into small group activities and studies.
The complete Hospitality Plan will be devised and implemented by May 2019.
Other prescriptions (Rx): Reaching and Connecting with a Changing Community, Clear Vision & Direction, Leadership Development, and Communication & Transparency.
I will be calling on the folks already involved with hospitality and asking for folks who would like to learn about the ministry of hospitality. It will be a time to share ideas, maybe do some research and be about an area of our ministry that is vital to the church. Please email email@example.com if you would like to be invited to a meeting to get ourselves informed about where we are, where we need to be and how will we get there in this area of hospitality?
God is doing marvelous work through the church and in so many areas of ministry.
Blessings to all from Duncanville, in the name of Christ.
Be hospitable to one another… 1 Peter 4:9